Diversity Beyond Lip Service: Inclusion by Design
Lately “diversity” seems to be the word on everyone’s lips. Industries ranging from finance, technology, education and transportation, have been having discussions around how can companies bring more diversity into our workplaces and projects and more and more back into the built environment. But what is diversity without inclusion? The Bay Area has a legacy of being a culturally-rich region often looked upon as a model of equity and innovation. But those of us who live here can attest to the inequities and lack of inclusion via design that is rapidly shaping the Bay Area’s landscape and workforces. Join us for a dynamic evening with designers, community leaders and policy makers practicing Inclusive Design and engagement, working to create a more inclusive Bay Area. This panel is to be preceded and followed by City Within a City!
- Anna Muessig – Project Manager W/ Gehl Studio
- Clair Farley – Senior Advisor, Trans Initiatives at the City and County of San Francisco
- Chris Iglesias – Chief Executive Officer at Unity Council
- Rosa Sheng – AIA President, Founder of Equity by Design, Principal & Director of Equity, Diversity & Inclusion w/ Smith Group
- Tamyra Walker – Director of Recruitment and Retention at #YesWeCode
City Within a City is a celebration! This open air market place is filled with the stories of those who came for sanctuary, those who provide resource and services to those most at risk and those who work to maintain the culture of the Bay Area that so many come here to enjoy! City Within a City is a celebration of you!